There are items of equipment that you are expected to have with you on a call-out and some that you are likely to find useful. Most of them you will probably have already.
- ID Card & N44R High Vis
- Notepad & Pen
- Mobile phone & charger
- Maps of the county (Sat Nav optional)
- Torch & Spare Batteries
- Spare wheel, jack & wheel brace
- Tow strap and shackles (to suit your own vehicle)
- First Aid kit
- Space Blankets
- Change of clothes and warm, waterproof coat
- Drinking water, food & hot drink
Before you set out
Ensure you have plenty of fuel and that you and your vehicle are prepared for the task at hand – remember that we are likely to be transporting people or equipment.
Your vehicle must display ‘4×4 Response’ markings to allow our service users to identify you as one of our responders. Call-sign markings (NH-xxx) are optional.